One of the number one things that the adoption professionals are going to hear is that they are NOT the right people to host post-placement care!
I disagree for many reasons...and that is one of the passionate thoughts that brought this training to life.
We asked this question on our FB pages:
IF your agency, lawyer, hospital or adoption professional had offered FREE LIFETIME post placement care, had consistent structured support groups monthly, and helped you get in touch with other women that were going through all the same emotions of grief and trauma and healing...WOULD YOU HAVE STAYED WITH THEM FOR YOUR POST PLACEMENT CARE?
I want to share the results from our small poll.
In a post that generated roughly 60 comments there was only 5 woman that said NO and the rest answered with a YES. In fact here are a few of the reactions....
- Can I answer yes a million times?
- YES YES YES YES YES
- Yes. The whole reason I'm in school right now is to gain the tools to help create a world where lifetime care is a given. We deserve to be cared for the way we were while we were pregnant
- Yes!! 23 years later they still support me!
- Yes!!!!! They don't really prepare you for what life could look like after placement
- Yes!! A thousand times Yes!!
- Yes! I would also add giving you a platform to share your story, strength, and the complexities you face. Sharing to educate can be very therapeutic and mutually beneficial to the full adoption community and beyond.
- Hell, yes!!!!
- 100% YES
You get the idea....
The adoption agencies NEED to offer lifetime post placement care if they are going to claim ETHICAL BEST PRACTICES! AND it is wanted and needed....
We are helping them every step of the way with our training and curriculum!